Booting the Flashdisk Install Windows on a UEFI System
Booting Flashdisk Install Windows on UEFI Systems – Laptops that use UEFI systems with hard disk partition type are that GPT cannot install windows as usual as in any Bios system. Installation can be done using a dvd or usb flash that supports the UEFI system.
This is also my first time experiencing it. After browsing I finally got a way to install windows on the UEFI bios systemin the Eightforum forum. I tried to do an experiment using a bootable flashdisk. Flashdisk that we use must be formatted according to UEFI standards, namely with the GPT type.
Flashable bootable steps for installing Windows on the Bios UEFI system
- Prepare a flashdiks of at least 4GB for bootable Windows 10
- Prepare windows 10. iso file. We recommend the 64bit version. According to the eightforum 32bit forum does not support. I also have not tried using the 32bit version.
- Download the Rufus application at https://rufus.akeo.ie/. This application is useful for making bootable windows on a flash with various types of partitions, one of which is the type of GPT for UEFI Systems.
- Run the Rufus application, connect the USB flash drive to your computer. The choice of device is the choice of USB flashdisk, this application will automatically search for USB devices.
- Partition scheme and target system type are options to change the flash into GPT type. This is what really plays when installing Windows on the UEFI bios system.
- File system leave by default (FAT32)
- The other options leave by default. And on the Create a bootable disk option using ISO Image browse files in Windows 10 in the form of ISO format.
- Click start to begin the process of changing the type of flash into GPT and at the same time make bootable Windows 10.
- For the installation process on a laptop, leave the system configuration as UEFI and boot using the bootable flasdisk.
- At the time of installation, delete all old GPT system partitions consisting of 4 partitions, then the system will automatically create a hard drive partition for installation into 4 new partitions.
I have tried these steps on the MSI Gaming series laptop and it works. Good luck.